checkers

Started by Bartman, February 25, 2013, 09:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

It was great to see so many riders/guest pitters this weekend.  Even an appearance from Cory Brown good to see you back racing....

Greg Meyers

Quote from: Bartman on February 25, 2013, 09:04:05 AM
It was great to see so many riders/guest pitters this weekend.  Even an appearance from Cory Brown good to see you back racing....

CORY BROWN... REALLY!!!!!  :o
WOW Cory I thought you just did MX... Glad to hear your racing again....
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!

Richie Wohlers

Yeah, Corey was out there, he didn't pit with us.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

Richie Wohlers

Pit Report:  Bob Houser held down the pits along with help from his wife, and I think the wife/girfriend of one of our guests.

We had 14 riders on the pit sheet, including 7 guests.

Four Aces:
Scott H - finished
Snowman - DNF  Radiator problem?
Richie - Finished
Kent - Finished
Ken - Finished
Phil - Finished 1 loop
Eddie - Finished 1 loop

Guests:
Sergio - finished 1 loop.  Learned a lesson about stopping for water AT a check.
Don Shapen
Then I think there were 5 guests, some of which are friends of Snowman.  Not sure who they all were.  One of them was a novice who did really well.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Greg Meyers

Quote from: Richie Wohlers on February 25, 2013, 09:24:37 AM
Pit Report:  Bob Houser held down the pits along with help from his wife, and I think the wife/girfriend of one of our guests.

Four Aces:
Scott H - finished
Richie - Finished
Kent - Finished
Ken - Finished
Phil - Finished 1 loop
Eddie - Finished 1 loop

Guests:
Sergio - finished 1 loop.  Learned a lesson about stopping for water AT a check.
Don Shapen
Then I think there were 5 guests, some of which are friends of Snowman.  Not sure who they all were.  One of them was a novice who did really well.

Does his bike look like a 1st grader tried to color it   ;D.... I think it's funny how on the MB they say, we had other people working checks they may have done the coloring....
Hmmmmm I thought the Checkers didn't NEED HELP to put on a race.......
It's VERY HARD not to ask that JACKASS who bagged us and JR how his BOOT taste  :-X. But everyone else seems to be doing it, so we can just sit back and SMILE  ;D....
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: Just 4 Fun on February 25, 2013, 10:58:54 AM
Quote from: Richie Wohlers on February 25, 2013, 09:24:37 AM

Four Aces:
Scott H - finished
Richie - Finished
Kent - Finished
Ken - Finished
Phil - Finished 1 loop
Eddie - Finished 1 loop

Guests:
Don Shapen

Does his bike look like a 1st grader tried to color it   ;D

Yep.  They got all 3 plates good.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

bleedBLUE-Scott

Well my race went okay, screwed up my loop plan and ended up on the 3rd loop first. I knew the first ten or so miles I would be fighting arm pump so I didn't want to go through really tech stuff, but sure enough there I go through all the hard stuff riding like a squid >:( After that I was kind of worn out, my chain derailed once so I had to stop for that and I had a little trouble on a couple of the up hills.

I was, just like many others, a little disappointed in the first loop. I still enjoyed it, but there's way more jv has to offer out there.

Overall I'm a little disappointed with my results, but I learned a lot, got a sweet coffee cup, and I'll be out there next time more ready than ever  8)

Richie Wohlers

I moved this to the public forum, in case any of the guests want to get some info.

Looks like "Nick" was one of our guest pitters.  Welcome, Nick!
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

ScottsDad

Richie, thanks for moving this so I could comment.  Nick Halliman was indeed one of our guest pitters, and I’d like to thank his son Lance and Lance’s girlfriend Marissa for their help in the pit.  It would have been impossible for Donna and I to do all the pit work while also keeping track of 14 riders doing the 3 loops in various orders, without Lance and Marissa’s help as spotters and recorders.  They were on their feet all day keeping track of riders for us.  Don’t think we lost anyone!

Bob Houser   

THE CAT

First ...I wanna say thank you Bob for all the work at the pits.....
second....I learned my lesson "never stop at the race " just if some rider need help....damn the kids,they tag me really good.  >:(...looks like kinder garden toy....but well I finished the race just 1 loop hopefully this year I can do the all race....
Thanks everybody for the support .... 8)...see ya at HBMC.. With some cervezas....
And Don good job helping others riders.....
I want some cervezas

Greg Meyers

Scotty why do they have you as a DNF?
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011

Bartman

Quote from: Just 4 Fun on February 28, 2013, 09:18:08 AM

I think he was just being nice so the rest of us could finish in front of him ;D   Darn Kid is getting fast!  From my discussion with Steve Williams several of the DNF's who started on Loop 3 missed the first check.  About 4 miles in after the first big downhill there was a 90 degree turn before a hill climb (Check was on top of the hill) and several people blew through chasing each other (dust) and when they finally found ribbon again it was to late.     

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: Bartman on February 28, 2013, 10:26:11 AM
Quote from: Just 4 Fun on February 28, 2013, 09:18:08 AM

I think he was just being nice so the rest of us could finish in front of him ;D   Darn Kid is getting fast!  From my discussion with Steve Williams several of the DNF's who started on Loop 3 missed the first check.  About 4 miles in after the first big downhill there was a 90 degree turn before a hill climb (Check was on top of the hill) and several people blew through chasing each other (dust) and when they finally found ribbon again it was to late.     

Yeah, he is listed as a DQ: http://district37ama.org/forums/showthread.php?p=685336#post685336
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

bleedBLUE-Scott

Hopefully enough people protest this... Total bs.

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: bleedBLUE-Scott on February 28, 2013, 07:24:37 PM
Hopefully enough people protest this... Total bs.

If you believe this was an error, you will need to file a protest yourself.  They most likely will not do a "class action" protest. 
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009