Motorcycle Races at Ventura Raceway

Started by Richie Wohlers, May 08, 2012, 04:11:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Meyers

Paper work is filled out, fax machine isn't working so off to mail box ect. and I'm in for this weekend.
TODAY IS LAST DAY FOR PRE ENTRY!!!!
Jeff get that paper work filled out and get it in.
Richie, go ahead and check that box for the Flat Track Race. You gotta do it at least once  ;D.
This is going to be another very fun Saturday Night at the Beach  8).
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!

Richie Wohlers

Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

Richie Wohlers

Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Rich Wohlers

Rich Wohlers

Greg Meyers

Quote from: Rich Wohlers on September 02, 2012, 04:12:09 PM
So, how did it go guys?

Well.... I have had better races. Flat track was a kick in the ass (for me, don't think Richie liked it as much). Did pretty good both motos, something like 3-5 outta 10 I think.
Moto: I was doing real good in my 1st heat, until the last lap  ::). I was doing the double in front of the grand stands all night (practice and 5 laps in the 1st race). I was in I think 3rd and wasn't carrying enough speed out of the corner headed into the double  :-\ so I tried to seat bounce the jump and came up way short. I knew as soon as I left the jump it was going to be bad news. I hit the face of the other double, nailed the gas and went way out of control, then, over the bars  :-[. Bent the bars, broke the brake lever, snapped off side number plate, basicly ate shit (I'll post the video soon).
Wasn't sure about racing the rest of the night after that. Got back to Mad Jack's van and started changing bars and putting the bike back together.
Nothing hurt to bad that I couldn't race, so went and did the flat track again and the moto. I have some pretty good video of me and Richie racing. I will share, just takes some time.
Even a not so good night of racing is better than a great night of TV. I love going out and racing with friends.....  :D
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!

Richie Wohlers

Even though I suck, it was still fun.

I just can't get at all comfortable on the flat track.  The old guy with the license plate on his bike went too fast for me.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009