Moose Run & Work Weekend

Started by Greg Meyers, January 11, 2012, 03:14:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

michael g

Quote from: 8Ball on January 24, 2012, 09:36:52 PM
Quote from: Bartman on January 24, 2012, 09:15:40 AM
  This Saturday the 28th, several of the new guys will be helping me on the 2nd loop so if any other club members want to come out and help we will be meeting at Stephens mine / gas line road at 0800.

The new Guys
John, Mike G, Eddie and Quintin  8)

I like being called "THE NEW GUYS" it makes me feel young again!

Bartman

Quote from: michael g on January 26, 2012, 06:37:12 PM
  This Saturday the 28th, several of the new guys will be helping me on the 2nd loop so if any other club members want to come out and help we will be meeting at Stephens mine / gas line road at 0800.

The new Guys

Since it looks like we have the manpower to pursuade a certain Big Rock to move over a few inches were going down the flush.   ;D

michael g

Quote from: Bartman on January 27, 2012, 12:23:51 PM
Quote from: michael g on January 26, 2012, 06:37:12 PM

The new Guys

Since it looks like we have the manpower to pursuade a certain Big Rock to move over a few inches were going down the flush.   ;D

That boulder was the size of a mini cooper and weighed twice as much!!!  We need to put a target on it and let the guys at base in their F-14's take a shot at moving it...

michael g

just watched some video on YouTube of the royal flush from 2010, with all pros going through making it look easy!  If that section where the rocks had fallen (or winched in) was cleaned up just enough to ride it, I'd be all over it.  I wish we had more time and some tools (dynamite) to clean it up.  I agree with Kent, it was a signature section. 

bleedBLUE-Scott

Sorry i might not be making it to work wekend  :-\ race weekend for sure, but pops is gettin a little worn out ::)

mxonly28

this is mark wiedeman, my father was mike wiedeman. you can call me mike if you want.  not beening much of a desert racer, last sat 28 was all new to me. nice people i met, dont remember all their names but thats ok. i will  sooner or later. i too will be out this friday to help again. sat a gp race. will we be out there on sunday for anything? trying to make it on thursday race weekend , if not on sat

Greg Meyers

I just wanted to give a big THANKS to all our Newbees  ;) that went out this last weekend to work on loop 2.
John, Quintin (John's oldest son, 12, Big Bro), Eddy, Mike, Mark (there might have been more, sorry if I didn't put your name up).
With Kent leading the charge, Dan and all the new guy's with'em, they got a lot of stuff done on the 2nd loop. This should make this work weekend much easier.
Thank You.
We should be able to help Bruce with finishing loop 1, Kent with a little more on loop 2 and be looking good for race weekend.
AND WHAT DO YOU GUYS MEAN YOU COULDN'T MOVE THAT LITTLE ROCK OVER  ::)?   
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!

8Ball

Hey Mark had a good time riding with ya, see ya on Friday
Greg so you know Big Bro went down the Flush with a little help no fear.
Are we having Fun yet......

Greg Meyers

Quote from: 8Ball on January 31, 2012, 03:09:46 PM
Greg so you know Big Bro went down the Flush with a little help no fear.

Youth.... I cant even remember being that young. He is going to be a kick ass racer.
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011

Bartman

Loop 2 is ribboned except for the last 3 miles ;D  All I can say is all riders better save a little energy from loop 1!!!!  We have several national sections (all virgin trails) with lots of single track tech stuff!  I can't thank John, Eddie, Mark, Mike, Chooch and all the other new guys I missed enough for all the help.

See everyone in the morning.

Chooch

Quote from: Bartman on February 03, 2012, 05:41:32 PM
Loop 2 is ribboned except for the last 3 miles ;D  All I can say is all riders better save a little energy from loop 1!!!!  We have several national sections (all virgin trails) with lots of single track tech stuff!  I can't thank John, Eddie, Mark, Mike, Chooch and all the other new guys I missed enough for all the help.

See everyone in the morning.
Nice job Kent.

8Ball

There is more then couple down hills with no trail... And one named k&J down hill. 2nd loop is tough that is all Im saying..
Are we having Fun yet......

Greg Meyers

Quote from: 8Ball on February 03, 2012, 07:15:01 PM
There is more then couple down hills with no trail... And one named k&J down hill. 2nd loop is tough that is all Im saying..

;D I heard you guys had some fun....  :o
Thanks for all you guy's did for this race.
Have fun at the SX" GO BUBBA"!!!!!!  8)
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011