Race sag

Started by Nate Dawg, October 19, 2007, 02:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nate Dawg

I just thought I'd pass a little info on to you all that I've been messing with. Everybody always says to run your race sag at 100mm. Well, that's if you want to compromise between handling and straight line stability. But, some bikes (like mine and others) are stable at high speed (top of first) naturally. So you can crank down on the spring and run a little less race sag. Instead of running 100mm try running around 90mm. That's going to help turning a little. if your bike turns like a champ but isn't the safest thing across the valley try to loosen that spring up and run about 110mm race sag. That'll help stability and in the desert most of the time you don't need to whip it around on a dime. Just a couple thoughts to help us all look better, or crash harder! Just make sure that if you do go messing with the sag to test it really good before racing it. You might have to adjust your rebound so your bike isn't out there trying to punt you off. Just a little idea I thought somebody out there might find usefull.