D37 Message Board

Started by Richie Wohlers, March 04, 2005, 03:59:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"
Quote from: "Anonymous"Do you know of any decent software?

Nope.  That's a problem.  I guess I should keep my eyes peeled.  Some of the good ones would probably even be able to use our message and user databases, so we wouldn't lose anything.

I'll keep my eyes peeled as well.

I will be at my computer for another hour, if I get the sql file I will get it up asap. If not, I will be available late in the afternoon.

Richie Wohlers

Are you on AIM still?  greasepitt?
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

Anonymous

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Are you on AIM still?  greasepitt?

No. I use AIM for business to talk with escrow companies under the same account but different user name. One of my employees is using the account right now so I cant log in since they only allow us to use one screen name at a time.

Richie Wohlers

Just curious.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Stinkbug"
Quote from: "Stinkbug"
Quote from: "fouraces""2 of Clubs"

Sweet!!! An Irish-Italian with two clubs...one for each hand! Time to collect!

Oh, it changes after every post...weeeaaak.  :shock:  :lol:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: "Anonymous"Do you know of any decent software?

vbulletin looks pretty good.  http://www.vbulletin.com

Looks like it would cost $160 to buy the software, or $85/year to lease it.  Could even add in a chat program I believe.

I wonder if we could get the users to foot the bill for it.

I wonder if I could talk Jeff or Thomas into installing it.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Nick M32

Any idea when the D37 message board will be back up?? Or is it up and I just can't get to it??
Nick Mlagenovich, M32, Mag. Open Ami.

Richie Wohlers

Unfortunately, I have no clue.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Unfortunately, I have no clue.

That's not a good sign ....  :?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Anonymous

Richie, heard anything about the D-37 board ?

Richie Wohlers

Not sure.  He may end up just killing the message board and starting over from scratch.  I'm trying to talk him into using software that we have to pay for.  Maybe that will provide us with a more secure package.

http://www.vbulletin.com is what I am recommending.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Not sure.  He may end up just killing the message board and starting over from scratch.  I'm trying to talk him into using software that we have to pay for.  Maybe that will provide us with a more secure package.

http://www.vbulletin.com is what I am recommending.

The calendar function is cool - seems like the board maintenance features are useful also.
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

RElmo

There is a note on the D-37 main page saying "we are obtaining new BB software" - guess the old board is toast .....  :?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Yeah, he's going to get the vBulletin.  Maybe that will help prevent future problems.  Also, since we are paying for it (the old system was free), the tech support should be better to solve any future problems.

vBulletin has some cool additional features, too.

He's going to try and import the old database into vBulletin, but not sure if it will work or not.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Yeah, he's going to get the vBulletin.  Maybe that will help prevent future problems.  Also, since we are paying for it (the old system was free), the tech support should be better to solve any future problems.

vBulletin has some cool additional features, too.

He's going to try and import the old database into vBulletin, but not sure if it will work or not.

Sure hope the old database can convert - at the very least, restore the previous post counts ....  :wink:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67