UMC Pit Report

Started by Bartman, January 16, 2012, 05:29:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Another big turn out for the club.  I had a blast.  Line 16 lost our time keeper 1st mile, we missed our start time loop 2 and I had a nice get off a about 10 miles in on loop 2 so I called it quits.  I'll let everyone else tell their stories.

Racers:

Kent B
John J
Chris B
Steve D & friend
Ken B
Mike Y
Dave R & friend

Club support:  Eddie

If I missed anyone let me know.   Fun day!

KGB

Got there Friday night around 6 pm.  Went play riding on Saturday with the grandkids and wife.  Bus arrived around 9pm Saturday and after copious sodeez we put out the fire around midnight....Damn 8:16 came up quick.

Sunday, should have sensed it was going to be a challenging day when Bus' bike would not start and after a bump start it, made it to the start line.  Met up with Kent and John and away we went. Only at the 2.9 mile marker did I find out Bus out timekeeper was MIA. So onward the Three Aces from minute 16 pushed with no odometer, roll chart or watch.  We were on time suprisingly on a few checks and I burned one by 2 seconds. Kent and John were on time.  Then at the break, I thought that I had more time to eat and rest up. Kent, John and Eddie came by the trailer and indicated no word on Bus. We assumed he was still out on Loop 1 while we were heading out to our loop 2.  I happened to arrive 11 minutes late. So KGB hauled it like it was a 2nd loop Hare and Hound. Came across Kent at around 8 miles in and told me he was done with a bummed clutch and John was with guys on minute 20 but I never saw John again.  By the time I completed loop 2, my time was back to 19.  The third loop was fun and challenging with no real stupid stuff.  Most of my sucess came from keying off of Van Fossen and his buddy on minute 15.  Saw Steve D. truck after I went hand in my card, and spoke with his buddy Robert who waiting for Steve to come in on minute95. All in all had a very good time racing.