100's Nat'l H&H Pit Report

Started by Ryan Romero, October 24, 2011, 12:06:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryan Romero

Racers:
Richie W.
Ryan R.
Andy D. (prospect - pitted w/RUTS because he couldn't find us but hung out afterwards and stayed until the last Ace was in)

Pit Crew:
Rich W.
Jeff S.

I think Richie will have a few more names to add to this as I am still learning who is who and pretty sure there were others out there...  I know Scott (prospect) was supposed to be out there but, I never saw him - visibility was crap, much like the race lol.  Will post my race report when I get some free time.

Note:  All three racers finished... ON FLATS!
early parenthood is like being on suicide watch for a tiny insane person

RElmo

Quote from: Ryan Romero on October 24, 2011, 12:06:47 PM
Racers:
Richie W.
Ryan R.
Andy D. (prospect - pitted w/RUTS because he couldn't find us but hung out afterwards and stayed until the last Ace was in)

Pit Crew:
Rich W.
Jeff S.

I think Richie will have a few more names to add to this as I am still learning who is who and pretty sure there were others out there...  I know Scott (prospect) was supposed to be out there but, I never saw him - visibility was crap, much like the race lol.  Will post my race report when I get some free time.

Jeff S. as in Jeff Sweet ?  If so, we haven't seen him in awhile ........
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: RElmo on October 24, 2011, 12:11:59 PM
Quote from: Ryan Romero on October 24, 2011, 12:06:47 PM
Racers:
Richie W.
Ryan R.

Pit Crew:
Rich W.
Jeff S.

Jeff S. as in Jeff Sweet ?  If so, we haven't seen him in awhile ........

Yep.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

KGB

What da hell? Sweet is out surely hell hath frozen over.........  How is he doing these days?

Ryan Romero

Him, his son, and one of his sons buddies were out parked with the Saunders'.  I didn't know any of them were aces and they saw the sticker on my truck, came over and struck up a conversation.  I dont think they raced though....

Ryan Romero

So, the race started out pretty good, one kick start and stayed out of the dust for most of the bomb but unfortunately I lined up on the wrong side and lost a lot of positions to being on the outside of the first turn.  I should have walked the bomb to know where to go since they wouldn't let us practice.  Spent most of the first 2 laps getting used to the suspension, picking off riders, and getting caught behind slower ones in the bottle-necks.  This would be the story for the rest of the race, catching up to slower riders then when I would try to pass I would pick a crappy line... I would eventually get around them but it probably took longer than it should have. Had a good pit, drank some Gatorade, and was back out.  The third loop was awesome but a lot of sharp rocks and cross-grain (gotta get in better shape).  On one particular hill where I was trying to pass a slower rider I noticed something... I looked down and when I was reving Trigger up, smoke was coming out of the side of my engine... UH OH...  Aparently I had lost the little screw cap thingy that you can take out to look at your timing chain on the clutch side... This was around mile 50 of an 80 mile race! Dammit, what do I do? Well its the end of the year and Trigger has been good so.. screw it, kept going.  I also noticed that the front wheel was flat DAMMIT! Kept going but took it easy, still managed to pass a bunch of people despite the mechanical issues. it was my 12th start of the year and my 12 finish.  According to the MotoTalley preliminaries I was 155 out of 297 overall, 46 out of 104 for the 3 loopers and 8 out of 17 in Class.  I'm Stoked!

Probably going to be it for me for the rest of the year, Trigger needs a little love; maybe a new top end, maybe a new exhaust, maybe a new clutch (Rekluse, hmmmm  :-\)

Learned so much this year, can't wait for next year, especially since I will be in the right class, lol.  I have GoPro footage that I will be editing and posting.  See eveyone at the meeting.

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: Ryan Romero on October 25, 2011, 04:04:24 PM
Learned so much this year, can't wait for next year, especially since I will be in the right class, lol. 

Does that mean you're turning Vet next year?
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Ryan Romero

Quote from: Richie Wohlers on October 25, 2011, 05:11:48 PM
Quote from: Ryan Romero on October 25, 2011, 04:04:24 PM
Learned so much this year, can't wait for next year, especially since I will be in the right class, lol. 

Does that mean you're turning Vet next year?

Yes sir.

BUS

I just realized I'm in the wrong class...I should be a vet now, haha.

KGB

Quote from: BUS on October 28, 2011, 12:15:33 PM
I just realized I'm in the wrong class...I should be a vet now, haha.

Vet 125 Class does not exist.  You will need to bump up to a 250. See how that is received at the dinner table. Btw I have to buy a new bike because there is no class for vet 125 racers.  8)

BUS

Dear Wife,

You may have noticed that I've been transferring 200.00 from my paycheck each month into my paypal account for the past year, it's OK...I'm not buying you anything nice, I've decided to race the vet 250 class and need a new bike.

Richie Wohlers

Not sure if you guys are being sarcastic or not - but you can ride a 125cc in the Vet Lwt (0-250cc) class.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

BUS