Viewfinders pit report

Started by Bartman, October 03, 2011, 06:51:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Another great weekend of FOUR ACES racing!  So lets hear the stories! If i missed anyone let me know so I can log your club points.

Sat racers:
Kent (rode the new CRF450R and had a blast)!
Greg
Snowman
Teri
Keevan (Guest pit)
Junior Delgado (guest pit)
Steve Spragle
The Quad guy (guest pit, I'm braindead and i forgot everyone's names)

Sun Racers:
Kent Bartels
Greg Meyers
Steve Spragle
Bruce Groves
Junior Delgado (Guest pit)
Dilan Delgado (Guest Pit, the young man took 1st place in his class in the the kids race and had a blast) NICE RIDE!!!
The pit crew heped several other riders.

PITS:
Teri Meyers
Senior Delgado
Susan Groves
Ty Meyers
A host of other friends

Greg Meyers

OOOOHHH my, what a race.... I'm not to sure about 2 1/2 hours in the saddle.
GP was a blast. I got the hole shot, only to pie out going around the corner to the asphalt and let 5-6 guys go buy, but had lots of fun.
The Scramble- Got the hole shot AGAIN. Kept the gas on around the corner this time and held the leed until 4th gear was tapped. Two guys on Honda's with 5 gears got by me just before the dirt section started. Hit the MX track after that and got them both back. I was in 1st for 1/2 the lap and pulling out. Got to the 1st alt. and the main way through was jammed, so I took the alt (bad move) A guy went down in front of me, I hit him, then I went down  >:(. A crap load went by.
Got going again, passed a bunch of people and was running good again.
2nd loop around was bad. I went through a mud hole in the back and hit a log at the end of it. The bike and I flipped so fast, that the bike came down on me  :o. I was pinned under the bike, goggles full of mud(couldn't see anything) and the gas was pouring out right next to my face. I kinda freaked out and yelled get this F'ing bike off me I can't move. Viewy's responce: which way do you want me to lift it  ??? (REALLY) I sad "how about off of me"  ::).
After that my day was pretty much over (was bullet head the rest of the race, broke off the viser).
Got the finish but the body is feeling it today.
Thank you very much to our pit support. They were on the ball and ready with fresh goggles and gas everytime I came in.
Oh ya, I met a older past member of the Four Aces. If I remember there names were, Mike Mark and Ron? I think Mike was the dad. The son's a couple years older than me. Real nice guys. Want to  renew there membership. Wasn't sure how that works I told them.
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!