MX and Dual Sport this summer?

Started by motojc, May 26, 2005, 12:08:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

motojc

Any MX'ers and/or Dual Sporters out there that want to hook up this summer for some non desert riding? With the summer break I plan to race some Vet X and OTHG MX and also clean the cobwebs off the XR430 for some dual sports. If interested I'm racing Vet X this Sunday at Racetown and the Bass Lake 250 July 16-17 with a few MX practices and informal DS's in Arrowhead and Big Bear in between. Also available for a few mid week rides as well.

JC
JC Eckert

Eric Wohlers

Lets see, I can't turn, I can't jump, and I don't have a bike that is legal for dual sport, so I guess that means that I am out.  Have fun with the MX JC.  Are you planning on riding any of the SoCal AMA MX series???  Oh yeah, we are putting on a round of the AMA SoCal MX series at Piru, on July 24th, FYI.
O31

Anonymous

I'm with Eric on the two can't's and the one don't , thanks for asking, see ya in the desert.   Craig P.

Anonymous

Tell me about it, if I cared I would be embarassed about my jumping and turning skills but screw em I have alot of fun anyway. The only thing I don't like about it is the waiting between motos but it does give you time to socialize. It's surprising but I can get as tired after a couple of 20 min motos as I do after a 3 hr desert race. I will definitely be at Piru on 7-24 to help and would like to race a few So Cal MX's possibly Cahuilla on 7-31 and I-5 Gorman on 8-21. As for dual sport it's alot of fun too, just ask Jeff Heine about the Big Bear Run last summer - BRUTAL!

JC

Richie Wohlers

I'd like to do some dual sporting, but my dual sport died.  Hopefully I can find a new one in the not to distant future.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

Aaron Austin

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"I'd like to do some dual sporting, but my dual sport died.  Hopefully I can find a new one in the not to distant future.

Didn't you get some JB weld for that thing yet?? :shock:
Aaron Austin

Eric Wohlers

Quote from: "Anonymous"Tell me about it, if I cared I would be embarassed about my jumping and turning skills but screw em I have alot of fun anyway. The only thing I don't like about it is the waiting between motos but it does give you time to socialize. It's surprising but I can get as tired after a couple of 20 min motos as I do after a 3 hr desert race. I will definitely be at Piru on 7-24 to help and would like to race a few So Cal MX's possibly Cahuilla on 7-31 and I-5 Gorman on 8-21. As for dual sport it's alot of fun too, just ask Jeff Heine about the Big Bear Run last summer - BRUTAL!

JC

I actually talked with Jeff about the Big BEar Dual Sport on our way to the Motocross meeting a couple weeks back, sounds like a fun day, but not quite long enough of a ride for me :twisted: .
O31

MotoJeff

The Bass Lake 2 day dual sport ride sounds like it will be one cool ride. I have to come up with a good scheme to get a kitchen pass. JC, bump me up from a 20% commitment to 30% ... still have a ways to go.
Jeff Heine

Anonymous

Blew off racing MX on Sun and went shopping for a trailer instead. We're taking it out this weekend and it'll make it's desert debut at RUTS. Sounds good Jeff, keep working on her and tell her that you'll have a place to stay away from all the critters, oops, no offense Kritter.

JC

Eric in SD

The Bass Lake Dual sport ride is an event I have had my eye on for a few years and this is the first year I have a bike to do it on. I'm with Jeff, need to work on the hall pass. May the wife would like to stay near Yosemite or Bass Lake that weekend while I ride?

Put me down as a maybe.....
Eric A

motojc

Eric, sounds great, definitely get to work on the wife as this is a great ride. Lots of forest single track and the views are outstanding.

JC
JC Eckert

Eric in SD

OK, the Bass Lake 250 is on the calendar! The venue looks nice enough that Nancy may even join me, http://www.sierratel.com/skyranch/

Bass Lake 250 flyer is here: http://www.dualies.com

Thanks for suggesting this ride JC. Who else is in? Come on Jeff, invite your wife with a promise of a day trip to Yosemite (only 36 miles away).
Eric A

motojc

Sounds great Eric, my wife is coming too to hang out.

JC
JC Eckert