From the same deck?

Started by steffinwolf, April 14, 2016, 01:09:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steffinwolf

My Dad was a member of the Four Aces MC back in the early fifties. That's me getting ready to ride, and me with Dad on his BSA with an Ariel tank, ca 1956/57.

Dad and a good friend of his, Handy King, rode around Los Angeles/Hollywood/Burbank areas mostly. He went to the races on Catalina Island and elsewhere.

My question: Is this the same club?

My father's name is Robert Steffin, he would have been in his twenties while a Four Aces Member, from early 1950's ('51 or '52?) until 1958/59.

I just talked with my Mom, she tells me she has my Dad's AMA 2nd & 3rd year pins and a couple of photos taken at the 1957 Catalina Grand Prix race. They went to the races at the Riverside Road track and the Flat Track races at the Gardena and Culver City tracks.

She has a hat that Dad stuck his pins onto, including the AMA's as noted above and one from a Four Aces Moose Run (she can't read the year).

His best friend/fellow rider was a gentleman named Handy King, his wife was Linda. Handy rode a Triumph. When we were kids, back in the late sixties, we would go visit them at their house in Burbank.

One time Dad and Handy were out riding on San Fernando road, near the Warner Brothers Studios, and were waiting at a traffic light when the second car back the one directly behind them. that car in turn, hit them both, throwing them off their bikes. She thinks this is when the BSA was damaged (later Dad replaced tank with an Ariel unit).

RElmo

Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Greg Meyers

Yes this is the same club and I think Susie probably has some video of your dad.
She has a bunch from that time.

VERY COOL!
Thanks for sharing....
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!

Ryan Romero

Give us your contact info and we will reach out! You can private message me and I'll do my best.  Thank you for sharing!
early parenthood is like being on suicide watch for a tiny insane person

steffinwolf

I posted on the Facebook page.

My Dad, Robert Steffin, passed away on June 8th.

RElmo

Quote from: steffinwolf on June 11, 2016, 10:21:07 PM
I posted on the Facebook page.

My Dad, Robert Steffin, passed away on June 8th.

Sorry to hear this ......  :(
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67