D37 MB is down

Started by Aaron Austin, November 15, 2005, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Austin

Richie, what's happening with the MB?
Aaron Austin

Richie Wohlers

Nope.  Not exactly.  Jeff Owen knows about the problem, but can't fix it, because he isn't in charge of the server.  Thomas Keyworth from the D37 Road actually handles the ownership of district37ama.org , so he's going to have to work on it when he finds out about it.

My guess is that either the payment to the host was not made, or we exceeded our bandwidth usage.  If it is one of these, the problem can be solved by throwing money at it.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Nope.  Not exactly.  Jeff Owen knows about the problem, but can't fix it, because he isn't in charge of the server.  Thomas Keyworth from the D37 Road actually handles the ownership of district37ama.org , so he's going to have to work on it when he finds out about it.

My guess is that either the payment to the host was not made, or we exceeded our bandwidth usage.  If it is one of these, the problem can be solved by throwing money at it.

Amazing .........  :roll:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

RElmo

Richie, any new news ?  :?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Nothing yet.  I think Jeff is planning to find a new host company.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Nothing yet.  I think Jeff is planning to find a new host company.

That means starting over again ?!
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Hopefully he'll be able to get everything off the old host server first.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Hopefully he'll be able to get everything off the old host server first.

Ya !  That Fantasy League stuff is damn important !  :wink:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Uh oh.  That reminds me that I never logged the picks for Hilltoppers.  If we lose the board again, we lose the Hilltoppers picks.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Uh oh.  That reminds me that I never logged the picks for Hilltoppers.  If we lose the board again, we lose the Hilltoppers picks.

Shiet, I need a beer   :cry:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

kritter

what are the stats and price on our web hosting service now?

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: "kritter"what are the stats and price on our web hosting service now?

For the D37 site?  I have no idea.  In 2004 D37 spent about $500 for its share of the internet expenses.  The 2005 budget allowed for $800.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

kritter

I think thats too much money. If you can get me a average monthly bandwidth use...I can see if I can get it cheaper...

Richie Wohlers

I don't have that info.  I don't know what the $574 went for in 2004.  It may have been more than just bandwidth.  Also, I think we are using a different host company this year than we were using before.

Jeff was looking at a company that was $10/month for unmetered bandwidth.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

kritter

I think i pay 7.77 a month for 10gigs/day with 5gigs of site storage...which is huge...that would let us host decent size files on the site as well as not limit our message box to 50 messages.

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: "kritter"I think i pay 7.77 a month for 10gigs/day with 5gigs of site storage...which is huge...that would let us host decent size files on the site as well as not limit our message box to 50 messages.

The 50 message limit is just a setting on the message board.  I can set that to any number.  We can increase it to 500, but it will still fill up on people.  Most people don't need to keep 50 messages in their PM folder, or anywhere near that many.  They just need to delete messages.

Who is your hosting company?
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Anonymous

I here talk of everybody just coming over here until the board is back up. :D

RElmo

Quote from: "Motochris"I here talk of everybody just coming over here until the board is back up. :shock:  http://huntingtonbeachmc.com/forum/index.php
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Anonymous

Nope, we're coming over here!!!  :lol:  

Hey Richie, I need another e-mail address where I can send you some interesting info. I figure since you are going to be the ref for next season, you should be in on this. You can e-mail me at mailto:dirtbikindame@hotmail.com">dirtbikindame@hotmail.com

RElmo

Quote from: "Scarey Sheri"Nope, we're coming over here!!!  :P
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Basically, the D37 message board is just way too busy, and we exceeded our server traffic, so the account was suspended. The problem is being worked on. We should be able to get a backup of data, so we won't lose the message board or anything. I'm not sure what the timeline for a fix is going to be.

It's an issue with resources not bandwidth apparently.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Eric in SD

How much traffic could our little board take? We need something to do on our lunch hour!
Eric A

Quote from: "Eric in SD"How much traffic could our little board take? We need something to do on our lunch hour!

Lunch hour??  Hell I have hit everyboard I can think of looking for interesting topics in the last 2 days.  I was over at Race-dezert trying to listen to Baja but my company it blocking 8000 ports. :evil:

Well....If anything..this downtime gives everyone a chance to explore all the Clubs' Websites... :D  :D  :D

OK...I'm off to another site.....

Anonymous

Now I see where every body is hiding

Anonymous

So this is where the party is??  Somebody beer me.

Jim

Ok, which one of you beat up the pizza guy and left him in the gutter

Anonymous

Howdy. Hey , If everyone is bored this weekend you can come out and tie ribbon; or even better, pound stakes.

Dakar Dad

Well it is 6:30 in the morning, ride fast, be safe and God be with you my son.   :D

Listen to the race here http://race-dezert.com:8585/. Just click on listen.
NOTE: You will need Real Player.

Dakar Dad

4x  Robby Bell, Murrieta, Calif./Kendall Norman thru the first check first.

Eric Wohlers

Quote from: "GP Steward I"Howdy. Hey , If everyone is bored this weekend you can come out and tie ribbon; or even better, pound stakes.

No way, Dan, last time I helped put that race on, I was the last person back to camp, no one waited for us, except Barry.  HBMC should have enough people to pull it off alone.  What 2,500 members, and you can't get 20 people to show up for a work weekend?????  Have fun out there, Dan.
O31

Anonymous

Quote from: "Dakar Dad"4x  Robby Bell, Murrieta, Calif./Kendall Norman thru the first check first.

UPDATE:  Bike 4x (Kendall) through RM310 at 12:25 - Bike 1x was through at 12:27
Lead Trophy Truck through RM148 at 12:41
Class 1 leader #103 Andy McMillin and Scott McMillin are through RM127

Come on Kendall - time to step it up!  Sorry - there is no where else to let my energy out.  We were supposed to be in Baja today, but cancelled to go to Tecate in a couple weekends.. The suspense IS FREAKIN KILLIN ME!  

Uhh... yeah.. hey Aces...

Anonymous

Okay, I am having serious withdrawals here.  Somebody help me!

Kandy and Martin, keep us updated.

Hey everyone, don't forget about the Rescue 3 fund raiser.  I will have the Honda out at RHR on display along with a list of our current sponsors and their donations.  There will also be tickets for sale.  Not sure if we will be selling the tickets at sign-ups or Rovers camp.  I'll update.

Dakar Dad

Quote from: "kanes mom"Okay, I am having serious withdrawals here.  Somebody help me!

Kandy and Martin, keep us updated.
Sorry, the only thing that we heard was when Scott Lynch called me, is that at Check 1 they were looking at the bike and it probably wasn't running good.
Scott was asking me if I heard anything, I told him nothing, not a peep.

Dakar Dad

Heard from Patty that Chris is still racing and all is well. He should be done by midnight.
She did say that he had possibly a fuel supply problem before the first check point.:D

Anonymous

I forgot I had posted on this board.. Martin I put an update from Jenn on Chris' board.  She was at the finish and said Chris was riding safe and smart.  He is definitely expected to finish.  Robbie hit a boobie trap, went down, smashed the pipe and bent subframe.  They lost they lead when the bike started losing power.  High hopes... but the 4x bike rode a VERY respectable race.  Congrats on the 2nd place... keep on truckin Chris - 1st Ironman has a nice ring to it!

Pastrana is currently in 3rd but is sweating the corrected time of the Scott Myers/Temecula Motorsports team.  This could be a close one!

RElmo

Richie, anything new with the D37 MB ?   :?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Nope.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Dakar Dad

Chris had called around 2pm today.
He was way back as they had to tear the bike apart to fix a choke cable that didn't have enough slack at the first pit.
Then he just rode to the finish after stopping to help two different riders.
He got done at 4am this morning taking him 22 hrs to finish and I don't know what position he finished.
Then to top it off the race, Pattys truck got broken into.  :(

RElmo

How many other club MB's are out there ?  Got HBMC and Checkers tagged so far   :twisted:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Hello, my name is Joe and I'm a messageboard-oholic.

(Everyone else in unison) HI JOE!

Yeah yeah I've already been over to HBMC is well.

Guess I've got to get over to Checkers too!  But their messageboard always seem to be pretty dead when I checked it several months ago.

Anonymous

Don't forget about Rovers.   http://www.roversmc.org

Kim

Anonymous

http://www.ViewfindersMC.com

The good stuff is in the Members Only section though...  :shock:

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: "Kandy"www.ViewfindersMC.com

The good stuff is in the Members Only section though...  :shock:

No thanks.  I've already seen Darrell naked.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Dakar Dad

The Bisgaard's sent a great picture of Chris at the Borrego road crossing.  :D

They have some great pictures of the race at http://www.dirtfocus.com/photos2005/11-18_baja1000/b1k-00_index.htm.

Dakar Dad

Anonymous

Anybody have a list of finisher positions yet?

Anonymous

Best I can find so far....  http://www.race-dezert.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15911

Looking for the finisher list for Sportsman Open.

Richie Wohlers

It sounds like there is a good chance the D37 board will be back up this evening.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"It sounds like there is a good chance the D37 board will be back up this evening.

All it took was $$$$$  ?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: "RElmo"
Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"It sounds like there is a good chance the D37 board will be back up this evening.

All it took was $$$$$  ?

Well, first it had to be determined why exactly we're having the problem, and where we can go to get it solved.  Then, we have to deal with getting D37 authorization, and next up is getting the D37 URL transferred to a new ISP.  Jeff is not the registrant for the URL, so we have to get the registrant to do it.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"
Quote from: "RElmo"

All it took was $$$$$  ?

Well, first it had to be determined why exactly we're having the problem, and where we can go to get it solved.  Then, we have to deal with getting D37 authorization, and next up is getting the D37 URL transferred to a new ISP.  Jeff is not the registrant for the URL, so we have to get the registrant to do it.

Sounds like it's been a CF ..... sorry
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Anonymous

I miss you guys

RElmo

Still no go ?  :?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Anonymous

Yeah Richie, I'm even getting calls from riders at home just to ask what's wrong with the message board. Too funny.

RElmo

Quote from: "GP Steward I"Yeah Richie, I'm even getting calls from riders at home just to ask what's wrong with the message board. Too funny.

Keeps the day lively, right Dan ?  :lol:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67