D37 MB is down

Started by Aaron Austin, November 15, 2005, 05:20:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Austin

Richie, what's happening with the MB?
Aaron Austin

Richie Wohlers

Nope.  Not exactly.  Jeff Owen knows about the problem, but can't fix it, because he isn't in charge of the server.  Thomas Keyworth from the D37 Road actually handles the ownership of district37ama.org , so he's going to have to work on it when he finds out about it.

My guess is that either the payment to the host was not made, or we exceeded our bandwidth usage.  If it is one of these, the problem can be solved by throwing money at it.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Nope.  Not exactly.  Jeff Owen knows about the problem, but can't fix it, because he isn't in charge of the server.  Thomas Keyworth from the D37 Road actually handles the ownership of district37ama.org , so he's going to have to work on it when he finds out about it.

My guess is that either the payment to the host was not made, or we exceeded our bandwidth usage.  If it is one of these, the problem can be solved by throwing money at it.

Amazing .........  :roll:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

RElmo

Richie, any new news ?  :?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Nothing yet.  I think Jeff is planning to find a new host company.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Nothing yet.  I think Jeff is planning to find a new host company.

That means starting over again ?!
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Hopefully he'll be able to get everything off the old host server first.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Hopefully he'll be able to get everything off the old host server first.

Ya !  That Fantasy League stuff is damn important !  :wink:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

Uh oh.  That reminds me that I never logged the picks for Hilltoppers.  If we lose the board again, we lose the Hilltoppers picks.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"Uh oh.  That reminds me that I never logged the picks for Hilltoppers.  If we lose the board again, we lose the Hilltoppers picks.

Shiet, I need a beer   :cry:
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

kritter

what are the stats and price on our web hosting service now?

Richie Wohlers

Quote from: "kritter"what are the stats and price on our web hosting service now?

For the D37 site?  I have no idea.  In 2004 D37 spent about $500 for its share of the internet expenses.  The 2005 budget allowed for $800.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

kritter

I think thats too much money. If you can get me a average monthly bandwidth use...I can see if I can get it cheaper...

Richie Wohlers

I don't have that info.  I don't know what the $574 went for in 2004.  It may have been more than just bandwidth.  Also, I think we are using a different host company this year than we were using before.

Jeff was looking at a company that was $10/month for unmetered bandwidth.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

kritter

I think i pay 7.77 a month for 10gigs/day with 5gigs of site storage...which is huge...that would let us host decent size files on the site as well as not limit our message box to 50 messages.