HBMC Pit Report

Started by Bartman, March 12, 2012, 07:58:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

Great weekend of racing!  Our GMO sponsor showed up with family and they had a great time hanging out with the club.   

Sat Racers:
Ken Baez
The Pts Ho
John J
Eddie
Ryan R
Don Capen (Guest) & his cousin (fast senior guy)

Sunday:
Ken Baez
The PTS Ho
John J
Eddie
Ryan R
Don Capen (Guest) & his cousin (fast senior guy)
Scott H
Bruce G?

Fun Weekend! 

Greg Meyers

Right on  ;D sounds like a good weekend of Aces out there.
Was it Rob (Owner of GMO)?
Trying to find a motor for the Motorhome and we'll be back out soon.
Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!

Ryan Romero

What a great weekend.  Had Dee and the baby back out and all was well.  Dee got to cruise around on her new crf230 and was grinning ear-to-ear.  Got in Friday night and set up quickly.  Got to meet Rob & Tyla from GMO and they are super cool, as well as Don C. & Vaughn(?, his cousin) - really good guys; was missing an adapter for the generator and sure enough he had one.  Had a few beers with kent, then packed it in early. 

Saturday morning was crystal clear and a little breeze, went out and ran the bomb for course "A" a few times and then raced at 10:30.  Course was good, rocky as hell and I could not find my rhythm = frustrated.  Finished three loops and stoked to be racing!  KGB stopped by the camp after I had taken off and talked to Dee.  After my race, I jammed over and watched Eddy (O279!), John, and Kent take off.  Saturday night we had a huge camp fire and Don C. twisted up some seriously good grub, hung in his motor home for a little bit watching an old enduro cross video.  Didn't stay up too late, Kent snuck away to bed early but he was pretty banged up from a high-speed dismount...

Sunday was a little windy which was welcome to help with the dust.  Didn't bother to run the bomb on course "B" as it was about only a football field long.  Bruce came and checked in with camp, hung out with him a little before our start, then no-one saw him again....  Headed over to the race and watched the guys before me going around.  One thing I will say - the way both loops were set up; it was very easy to get to pretty cool places to spectate.  Anyway, horrible 17 kick start, probably dead last but was able to make passes and had some fun.  The course was way more technical than "A" but not over the top.  Bummer thing was; as I was coming up to the home check, they put the white flag away and gave me the checkers - missed going on to a 3rd lap by 1 minute. Damn.  After my race I head back to camp and Scott had made it out, glad to see him and his parents.  Watched the seniors take off.  Then came the highlight of the weekend - After their race, Eddy (O279!), Kent, John, and I watched Scott take off but then we went out on course and watch his whole class go through a decent canyon.  It was awesome, just hanging out watching these dudes thrashing along.  Watched them go two laps and then jammed back to the finish and watched Scott come in.  It was cool to hang as a club and supporting our racer Scott - he is definitely getting better!

After Scott's race, we all headed back to camp and loaded up our rigs.  Then came the second coolest part of the weekend - after we had all of our trucks loaded and trailers hooked up, ready to go, we all just hung around, some with a beer, and reflected on the weekend.  It was great, just like taking a deep breath and a sigh of relief.  We were all pretty stoked then headed home.

All in all, it was  good weekend.  I know there are extenuating circumstances for a lot of members which make coming to races tough but, WE NEED MORE MEMBERS TO MAKE IT OUT TO THE DESERT!!!!!!

Also, quite a few people came up to camp looking for trophies, we just told them they weren't ready yet and to keep looking on the D37 board for when they are available.

early parenthood is like being on suicide watch for a tiny insane person

groves racing

will i sat on the line and seen ryan kicking his bike.this was just a ride for me ryan pass me in the big whooop at about 8 miles in myself and the bike tested the ground.i got to home check and stop i had r-3 check me out and of to home. i like the B-loop it was lots of fun and lots of rocks...............bruce
SPONSORED BY J&J AUTOMOTIVE MACHINE SHOP,
http://www.barnumspro.com<  
Bruce Groves Sen HWT OS10/036

KGB

I got out to the dez around 8:30 on Friday and by the time I unloaded 4 motorcycles and quad, I was ready for some shut-eye, seeing as I had to get signed up and to the line by 9 am Sat. and no sodeez until after Easter was an easy call.   

I lined up next to Paul Krause and damn that guy is ridiculous fast. Got mid pack by the end of the bomb both days and seemed to stay there without too much chaos around me.  Liked the B course better, because there were less hidden rocks and by the 3rd lap the dust was less intense. See you all Sunday at Anza....