Checkers Pit Report

Started by Bartman, February 27, 2012, 06:59:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bartman

The Aces were almost out in force:

The Points Ho is wore out with travel/Job/flu/bike is beat up and falling apart!  Mid way into race i got a flat and just gave up!  I was supposed to trail ride with John but screwed up at the loop intersections and ended up on L1 & he was L3 so i can't follow instructions!!!

Racers:
Kent B (1 loop DNF)
John J (3 loops)
Scott H (3 loops)
Eddie (1 LOOP) Awesome rode his first race
Don S (1 loop)

Pit help
The Housers!!
Phil 50/50 and Parker

See you at the next one!

Richie Wohlers

I've never gone to a race, and then get home and think "I wish I would have stayed home today".  But sometimes after a race, I read the comments and think "I wish I would have gone".  I'm really feeling that today.  I'm really bummed I couldn't make it.  On Friday I was planning to go, but in the end decided it would be financially prudent to stay home.

I blame Dan May.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

Ryan Romero

early parenthood is like being on suicide watch for a tiny insane person

bleedBLUE-Scott

Pretty sweet race! 8)

Arrived saturday with a beautiful pool of case oil laying in the trailer  >:( but with the help of TBT we got that sucker patched up  ;D got to see some cool chinese lanterns that night, never seen 'em in person, pretty cool.

Race started with a not-so-good start, stuck in some serious dust, and was a foot away from smashing into a downed rider, helped him get running again... but of course i like to start the race with a fat crash, and usually brake something mechanicaly, so i figured i'd stick with traditions and launch off a g-out into a rock pile and bend up my pipe and brake lever, certainly was a good one  ;) now is when the race usually starts for me. Went 2-3-1 and was very happy with my decision. got into the groove and did pretty dang well. after i finished i was pleasantly suprised to see a handful of yellow bars behind me. Ended up 17 minutes behind John with only a year and a half of riding experience. I love desert racing!

See yall at the gp  8)

Richie Wohlers

Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Richie Wohlers

Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

Chooch

Dang it! Sounds like this was a woulda shoulda coulda race.