2012 Moose Run Race Report

Started by Greg Meyers, February 13, 2012, 11:16:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Meyers

2012 Moose Run Race Report,
Let me start out by saying thank you to everyone that helped put this race together and on. We definitely can not put these races on without people stepping up and making it happen, THANKS!!!!
We (Greg, Teri, Mel) pulled in Thursday night about 8:30. Kent had went and picked up a rental trailer for us (and still pulled his out also) first thing Thurs. morning and had it all set up and ready to go. KENT, THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!.
Fire was going,(NO WIND) a few beers and going over things with Kent and off to bed.
Got up in the morning to get started on last minute detail work (that didn't stop until Sunday morning).
We had a few people show up in the morning and off to work we went. Camp started filling up SLOW. By Friday night I do have to say I wasn't impressed with with the turn out. The few of us Club Members that were there and  all the " new guy's" and family's that were there had a good time by the fire.
Saturday got up and some more Club Members showed up and off to work we went until dark, because someone forgot to finish the finish line area (and that someone was ME, sorry my bad had a couple things on my mind), but the Aces pulled together and we got it all done, with quad head light and flash lights.
Back at camp Saturday Night.
Camp was filling in, but I still was not at ease with the number of Members that were there. Club meeting around the fire at 8:00 (I think there were more new guy's than club members still, maybe 50-50). Then about 10:00 I was done (Eric W. I'll let you tell how Saturday Night was compared to previous Moose Runs. It's a short sad story).
5:00 AM Race Day:
Teri is up and sign-ups are getting ready to open. People pulling in everywhere. More Club Members ( some we haven't seen in a while)and all our volunteer help starts showing up.
Kent started getting everyone in there places and at about 6:20 AM off to the Bomb I went and would remain there until about 2:00. Everything went very well. We had no major problems. Some injury's but that's desert racing. It was kinda cool to be able to hear everything going on and how fast the top guy's are making it to each check. To watch these pro guy's figure out there lines in a few runs and how they do there little secret things to know where to go. I think Kurt C. finished in just around 2 hours.
The race in my eyes was a success, 312 racers. No major problems anywhere, BLM seem to be happy. All our people made it in and safe and course was cleared.
To sum it up. I think we need to get more people out to the desert by Friday if at all possible. I know we have to work and have other things going on in life, but this is the Four Aces Moose Run and to be very honest with you all, I think we would have been in a very bad spot if Kent did not get John,  Eddy, Mike and few more volunteers to go out many weekends before our race to make it happen. Thanks again and again for giving us your time.
We all as Four Aces pulled together to get this race done. We did what needs to be done and all the people that I have talked to (and that's just about everyone) were very happy to work with us and said we made there day easy and enjoyable.   
We had good reports from BLM (Craig) & D-37 President (Jerry G.)

THANKS AGAIN TO EVERYONE (Four Aces & volunteers) that helped the Four Aces to another successful Moose Run
NEXT MEETING IN APRIL PLEASE STAY TUNED FOR DETALIS...

Your President,
Greg Meyers

Greg,
Ref. 2010-2011
Prez. 2012-2015, 2020-2023
Newest Member of The Ex-President's Club!!!

Bartman

You new guys are awesome.  All the loop2 preriders sweep and checks I can't thank you enough for all your hard work riding a tough layout numerous times and then cleaning course.  Great job loop 1 and thanks all for making it happen.

Time for me to get back to earning Points!

Susie Ellsworth

A big thank you to the Los Gatos for serving me a nice HOT breakfast at the sign up area Sunday Morning... and a to Earl Mulis who helped me at the finish line pulling cards.  Those cards with tabs made it easier to pull the tape loose and didn't tare the cards. 

Do have finish pins for those who I missed, that worked the race.

Love the new jerseys with the old design... easier to spot our members from a distance.

susie