Vikings GP Report

Started by jtigert, September 05, 2011, 10:03:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtigert

Thought I give a short report from yesterdays Vet gp at Cahuilla.
Didn't see any Aces, but a buddy from work met me there and we raced together.

As you can read on the D37 forum, it was a dusty, silted mess in many sections. Honestly, it did not bug me that bad, but I expect to eat dust anytime I lineup to race. The course itself was actually pretty fun. It was my first time to this place, and I loved the big sandy berms and sweepers, plus the MX track is really safe with no huge jumps to worry about. I had to ride a CRF250X this weekend, and that required max corner speed and lots of clutch slipping. I welcomed the challenge, and felt it helps riding smaller bikes when you get back on the 450's

I see lots of negative attitude on the forum, but as you know, putting on a race is not easy so I give thanks for the Vikings hard work and effort. Surely there is a lesson learned from every race, and hope they can improve for the next one.

I look forward to meeting up with the 4 Aces at my next race which I will have to wait and see which one (My 7 month old is terrorizing my wife and I).

My results were great again (Trying to represent the 4 Aces well), taking 20th O/A, 1st overall Novice and actually finishing 3rd overall Intermediate on a lightweight (Edited: 8th fastest average lap time). This was my 5th transfer, and after bugging my steward for months now for an upgrade I hope she wont waste too long to finally get me into the amateur class. Yellow bar here I come!

Want to thank Kent for checking in on me from time to time.

Ryan Romero

nice work Jeff!  I know how you feel with the little one.  My wife and I have a 2mo. old, and he keeps us busy!
early parenthood is like being on suicide watch for a tiny insane person

jtigert

Saw that cute picture, and kudos to your wife for letting you head out to the dez with the little one.