Rovers Pit Report

Started by DrtSmplr, April 12, 2010, 10:34:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrtSmplr

Left later than planned, arrived on Pit Row at the Rock Pile at approx 1:30 AM, unloaded and crashed.
Saturday was a 10:00 AM start, the day started out cool and overcast with a slight breeze. The start line was approx 2 miles north east of camp.

1 loop finisher
Paul Ashford.

2 loop finishers
Steve Wilson
Phil Arechiga
Andrew Whitehead ( 2nd Hwt Ami )
Dave Rentfrow ( Guest, Richard Carr's friend. 2nd Hwt Sen Nov ).
Kent Bartels ( Guest, 1st Hwt Sen Nov ). 

No DNF's.

Seems like everyone had a good time and enjoyed the race. As you can see from the results there was a good battle in the Guest Pit class. Dave had a great first lap and came in the pits ahead. He tired on loop 2 and Kent got around him for the class win.

Thanks to Phil's friend Eddy for helping me in the pits.

Everyone hung out for a while swapping stories and eating Pappas BBQ. Had a campfire and called it a night early.

Sunday
Woke up to Pit Row coming to life ready for 9:00 AM start. Dead calm no breeze at all, there was already a dust haze hanging over the start area. The start line was the same as Saturday. Andrew and Corey went to the line and we watched the experts take off. After a quick warm up sprint back to camp for Andrew to attach his fender card it was time for the Amis to go. Seems like the overall turnout was equal or slightly less than Saturday.

Finishers
Corey Brown, 3rd Hwt Ami.
Andrew Whitehead, 1st Hwt Ami, 2nd O/A Ami.

No DNF's.

Thanks to Dave Rentfrow for helping me in the pits.

We were done by 11:30 AM, loaded up and on the road by 12:30.

All in all a great weekend in the desert.
Membership Coordinator

Rich Wohlers

Nice racing Andrew and everyone. Paul was out. Cool.

Rich Wohlers

Bartman

Phil,

Congrats on the win. Dave R hope we fit with the group it was fun passing / racing with you
. Racing usdr this weekend so any aces that need pit help let me know.   

Kent

760 382 4300