UEA

Started by Richie Wohlers, December 08, 2004, 03:45:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richie Wohlers

UEA
Who's planning on the UEA enduro?  Maybe we can get a big block of Four Aces, and hog up 3 or 4 minutes all by ourselves.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009
Prez. 2007-2011 (Then road cross worker for life)

kritter

When is it? Im game as long as I dont stay in McGrath's trailer again!

Richie Wohlers

3rd Sunday of January
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

MotoJeff

Richie, would you be mailing in your entry(s) or signing up on race day? Aaron has already sent me his entry for UEA. I don't think UEA will reserve blocks for experts, ammies and novices like Checkpoint MC did. The lowest skill level in your line determined which block you were in ... thats why we had minute 51 (novice block). A big block of 4 Aces would be a lot of fun. I talked with JC and Nick at Checkpoints but they couldn't commit this early.
Jeff Heine

Richie Wohlers

Yeah, I would want to pre-enter.  On the message board, Lee said we would get a whole block together if we requested it.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Hey Guys,  don't want to sound like a downer here, but, this event is the weekend after Jack Rabbits and would we not be starting to mark our courses (ALL 3) this weekend ? With 3 courses to mark, I have to believe we will need all the manpower we can get to stay on schedule.   :?
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

We can do it.  We've laid out this much course before, with half the members.

I'm sure we'll do some scouting on Jackrabbits weekend, and then there are 2 weekends between Desert MC and our race, where the majority of the work will be done.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"We can do it.  We've laid out this much course before, with half the members.

I'm sure we'll do some scouting on Jackrabbits weekend, and then there are 2 weekends between Desert MC and our race, where the majority of the work will be done.

I'm not so sure, Richie - with about 100 miles to lay out between the 3 courses; I would say we have our hands full. I've done enough of the course lay outs to feel this is about right.
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Richie Wohlers

It's closer to 80 miles.

The hardest part is picking the loops.  Once the loops are picked, we will easily be able to ribbon and stake all the courses in 2 weekends.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

RElmo

Quote from: "Richie Wohlers"It's closer to 80 miles.

The hardest part is picking the loops.  Once the loops are picked, we will easily be able to ribbon and stake all the courses in 2 weekends.

Only if we have enough people to do it. At the end of the day, it will be Big E's call, so let's see what his view is.
Dez ~ R501
G.P. ~ E5  ~ R67

Eric Wohlers

Uh, race first, work second.  We should easily be able to pull off all of our course work in two weekends, since some of the first loop and second loop will be marked on the Saturday before the race, since we have four loops in a small area.
O31

Richie Wohlers

Also, if things are looking grim by the time of the UEA enduro, we can go to Red Mtn on Saturday to work, then to Lucerne on Sunday for the enduro.
Richie,
Referee 2002-2009

MotoJeff

Pre-entries are due 1/5/05. We should have all entries at the collection point before the end of December. That means everyone should mail their entries out before Christmas. Mail is always slow that time of the year. I have Aaron's entry and mine is ready to go. I don't mind being the collection point or just as happy to fire the entries off to someone else.

So who else is riding UEA?
Jeff Heine

MotoJeff

UEA Enduro is the first in the series of 4 D37 timekeeping enduros. These 4 enduros make up the FUN 4 series. They give out bitchin pins that fit together like a puzzle. Lots of fun.
Jeff Heine